PARENT INFORMATION SESSIONS
Onsite workshop for parents of a school using the PLAY IS THE WAY® program.
COST: 20-50 participants - $300 +gst
COST: 51-100 participants - $450 +gst
- Builds a bridge of understanding between parents and teachers in ways to help children.
- Empowers parents with the strategies and language to help children master their own behaviour.
- Creates, by participation, an empathetic awareness of the skills children need to survive and flourish in schools.
- Helps parents to shift from control parenting to guidance parenting.
- Encourages parents to accept the influence and responsibility of role modeling.
- Stimulates working partnerships between parents and teachers.
- Helps parents to see behaviour in the context of the classroom and playground.
- Strengthens the resolve of parents to assist children develop resilience and perseverance.
- Helps parents to see their role in encouraging their children to create safe and friendly schools and classrooms.
- Encourages parents to give the development of social competency and emotional intelligence its rightful place in the school curriculum.